This is a versatile set of ten templates that can be mixed and matched to create dozens of Dresden Plate quilt blocks, cut tumbler, and circle shapes, AND for free-motion machine quilting with a ruler.
The Dresden Plate quilt pattern was one of the most popular quilts made during the 1920s and 30s.
This classic quilt is made of blocks with fabric appliquéd or pieced in a series of radiating "petals" with flat sides. They radiate from a central circle.
The Set Contains:
- Dresden Petals: Piece beautiful Dresden petals easily. Templates can produce 8 petals, 12 petals, and 16 petals. Mix and match to create dozens of Dresden Plate blocks that measure 11 - 12 inches in diameter.
- You can also mix up the edge finishes of the petals with four different options: pointy, curved, straight, and fuse curve. This will change the effects and create even more Dresden Plate combinations!
- Tumbler Templates: This set can also be used to cut Tumbler shapes to piece together to create unique quilts.
- Ruler Foot Quilting Templates: This set of templates has been specially designed with a dual purpose, you can also use them for domestic ruler work quilting. Flip the template over so the etched lines face down on your quilt and use the edge of your template as a guide for ruler work machine quilting. The templates are able to be used with a home machine, not a longarm.
Note: This template set is only designed for ruler foot quilting on home sewing machines, not on longarm machines.
How to Use the Dresden Plate Templates:
- Peel off the brown paper backing from the back of each template.
- Attach a grippy material like Magic Grips to help grip your fabric. Attach the grips to the side with the etched lines so they can be used for ruler work quilting.
- For templates #1, #3, and #5 cut a 5-inch strip of fabric, then cut out the petal shape, alternating the direction of the template to waste the least amount of fabric.
For templates #2, #4, and #6 cut a 5 1/4-inch strip of fabric, then cut out the straight sides of the petal shape, then the top curve carefully.
For the circle templates #7, #8, #9, and #10, cut a square of fabric 1/2 inch bigger than the circle and cut carefully with a small 28 mm rotary cutter. You can also mark the circle shape on freezer paper to cut out turning templates.
- 1 Set * Dresden Plate Quilting Template.
Customer finished product renderings
1. Due to the light and screen difference, the item's color may be slightly different from the pictures.
2. Please allow slight deviation for the measurement data and make sure you do not mind before ordering.